Friday, July 18, 2008

Barged In On

Well, I was hanging out in my apartment 5 minutes after I got back. It's hot, because the cleaning lady turns the AC off during the day. So of course, I'm in my underwear, waiting for the AC to warm up again, when I hear a "beep" and this guy walks in. Before the door opens, of course, I spring from my chair (placed precariously on my bed, because the window above the bed is where I pirate my internet) saying "Woah, hold on!" (in English), and the poor guy keeps coming in, but is shocked to find a big white guy in his underwear, so he stands and looks at me. I ask him "Ni gan shenme?" ("What are you doing?"), and he answers, in Chinese: "...I'm watering the plant...").

He proceeds to water the plant and leaves quietly. I wish I knew how to say "knock," because I would have either said "knock next time" or "do that again and I'll knock you to next Tuesday."

No comments: